cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backfile Outage

dan.panainte
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 11, 2024

Hi team,

I want to backfill an outage, so I created an incident and marked it as major. The incident is now on the status page, but the uptime percentage is still 100%. How can I backfill an outage and have it reflected in the uptime percentage?

Best regards,

Dan

1 answer

0 votes
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2024

Hello @dan.panainte 

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian Community!

The uptime update process allows you to manually adjust a component's uptime percentage for a specific month directly on your Statuspage. This feature is particularly useful for reflecting historical outages or downtime that weren't recorded in real-time. You can follow the detailed instructions in the documentation here

You can follow these simplified steps discussed in the documentation.

1. Access Your Statuspage: Log in to your Statuspage management interface.

2. Navigate to Components: Go to "Components" from the left-hand navigation menu.

3. Select the Component: Choose the component you wish to backfill an outage for.

4. Edit Component: Click on the "Edit" button next to the component.

5. Adjust Uptime: In the component settings, you will find a section for "Uptime". Here, you can manually adjust the uptime percentage to reflect the historical outage. This is done by specifying the downtime in terms of the percentage of uptime you want to display for a given month.

6. Save Changes: After adjusting the uptime percentage to account for the outage, remember to save your changes.

I hope the details provided are helpful.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events