Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid external subscribers in Internal Statuspage

Jonathan Rodriguez June 20, 2023

Is there a way to control and avoid users subscribe external emails such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc?.

The page I'm managing is Internal, thus it would make sense not allowing my users subscribe external email address. How can I manage that?.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Egor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2023

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community! 

I'm afraid that there's no way to restrict subscribers from using only specific email domains. 

As you mentioned that you are on a private page, you can set up SSO allowing only your company's domain users to access your page, which will prevent users to access and subscribe their personal addresses. 

I hope this helps. 

Best Regards,
Egor

Jonathan Rodriguez June 22, 2023

Thanks, the SSO is active for them to jump into the landing page and see status but whenever they hit the Subscribe button, it allows you to subscribe external emails, even if you're signed with a valid company domain. 

Abhay Sarraf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2023

Hey Jonathan,

Unfortunately, the Subscribe flow doesn't have a filter to restrict subscriptions only to users of the Statuspage domain.

This is made keeping in mind that an Organisation might have external contractors depending on your services.

One workaround in this scenario could be to hide the Subscribe button from the page and instead Add users via the Subscribers section of the page.

Roman Temekunidi April 8, 2024

@Abhay Sarraf 

How can I hide the "Subscribe" button? Should I edit CSS for the page or there is a setting somewhere?

Abhay Sarraf
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2024

Hey @Roman Temekunidi 

You can hide the Subscribe button from the UI by turning of "Allow users to be auto-subscribed to every incident" from the Subscriber settings

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 8.25.59 PM.png

Roman Temekunidi April 8, 2024

@Abhay Sarraf 

Thanks for the swift reply.

That worked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events