cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a url link in the description of a component

Kelvin.Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 1, 2024

I was wondering, my company have a long list of Components for Statuspage. When our dashboard users access the tool, is there a way they can click on the Component in our list, and it takes them to a provide overview page of the selected component or the ability access a url link from the component description field?

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Kelvin.Jones ,

Statuspage does not support this natively. However, you can customize the HTML/CSS of your statuspage to achieve the result you are looking for.

1. update custom header HTML with a javascript that will modify the component names to be clickable and link to the URL you want to associate to the component.

2. In the Custom CSS override you can add some styling that will underline and change the text color to blue for components that have a link associated to them in your java script.

below is an screenshot of my environments that shows a link from the mobile app & retail point of sale components that links to an overview page external from statuspage.

statuspage.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events