Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhooks are getting deactivated

Ambrose Dev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2023

hi team,

we configured a webhook on Statuspage to implement incident notifications. after a few days, webhook is getting deactivated with the below error:

"Please make sure that your webhook endpoint of [webhook url] is responding with a 2xx response code within 30 seconds of initial connection."

and then the manual process required resubscribing the webhook every time.
seems like the failure handling for broken webhooks on the statuspage.io is a bit too aggressive.

can someone please explain through which mechanism Statuspage is expecting a 2xx response from Webhook URL? Is there any ping mechanism? or does Statuspage expect a 2xx response whenever it hit the webhook URL to send a new incident notification?

Regards,
Dev

4 comments

Clint Payton August 2, 2023

I have this same query.. I am not seeing any responses on this topic.  Not good.  They also advertise a MS Teams integration but do not actually have one, apparently.

Clint Payton August 2, 2023

this is the only detail of any kind I have found in the docs... 
https://support.atlassian.com/statuspage/docs/enable-webhook-notifications/

Matt Grofsky November 9, 2023

I send it to a cloud function that throws it into a topic and logs every request. The logs all show it responds in under 100ms.  So, I assume I'm not getting some from them, and they are logging those as a timeout.

It sounds to me like their DNS is broken somewhere.  This has been an issue for years.

Like Iiro Niinikoski likes this
Iiro Niinikoski
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 5, 2024

We've had the same issue multiple times and this has been very odd and annoying. But, the only reason we had this because our teams are using MS Teams instead of Slack and we had to have a "message proxy" in between to do the Teams-message conversion. Atlassian just announced a native webhook-Teams integration, please see this one: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Statuspage-articles/Announcing-new-Statuspage-integrations/ba-p/2618566

If this has been the reason for you for your custom functions also...

Like Clint Payton likes this
Clint Payton March 5, 2024

already setup and testing :)  Looks like a huge improvement in both feature set and notification format once it hits Teams.  Very hopeful 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events