Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to login/connect to bitbucket online

RayYabuta August 20, 2019

I have successfully setup and used over 50 repos via sourcetree and bitbucket online. However, the latest round of bugs is preventing login to Bitbucket online or connecting to my Bitbucket repos via Sourcetree on Mac OSX 10.14.6.

Bitbucket online

Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 

After what appears to be successful login, am routed back to the home page (https://bitbucket.org/) OR receive the error "Oops, you've made a malformed request." preventing login.

Sourcetree

Mac, version 3.2.1 (the current newest version)

"Login error. We couldn't connect to Bitbucket with your credentials". Check your username and try your password again.

Steps taken:

1. use incognito window — unsuccesful
  2. use Firefox — able to login to bitbucket online
  3. delete the Sourcetree account info files located at ~/Library/Application Support/SourceTree — no change
  4. delete the user accounts from within Sourcetree — no change
  5. changed the password via bitbucket online — no change

1 answer

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello @RayYabuta,

The fact it works in Firefox but not in Chrome suggests you might have some extension that kicks in and breaks the login flow for some reason. I found some older reports in Community about the similar error. It might also be caused by the browser cookie settings.

I'm not sure about SourceTree though, need to check if it uses browser to log you in.

Let me know if this helped.

Cheers,
Daniil

RayYabuta August 21, 2019

Hi Daniil, thanks for the feedback.

Chrome

In Chrome, I've already tried clearing existing cookies and ensuring "Allow sites to save and read cookie data" is on. I've also tried disabling adblocker as suggested in the posts you brought to my attention. None of this worked.

I then turned off all extensions. Tried logging in, and it appears to have logged in, but I get rerouted to https://bitbucket.org/   where I have to click on "login" to access the login page — an endless loop.

Very frustrating. If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

Sourcetree

None of the steps I've taken above helped me connect to my bitbucket account via Sourcetree.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events