Oops you have made a malformed request

Hello Community,

I am posting here because Atlassian support has been utterly useless with assisting us with this problem.  

When one of my users tries to log in, they consistently get:

Oops, you've made a malformed request.

If you came here from a link we sent you, please contact support.

Moreover, when the user tried to contact support -- guess what -- they require him to log in.  I logged in an filed a support request and just got frustrated with the generic "canned" responses that did not solve our problem.  I have given up on support after a dozen back and forths, where they did not even come close to understanding the problem we are experiencing.

In my research, it seems that people have experienced this error before, but none of their forum posts have a resolution.   Has anyone on this forum run into this, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Any help from the community is appreciated.

Thanks,

BP

6 answers

0 vote

What is the url they are using? 

What is the url in the browser when you get the error message (which may not be the one they typed in or clicked on)?

Have you tried a different browser?

Has that user tried a different machine?

Hi Nic,

The URL is the password recovery url they send via email.  The user's password stops working arbitrarily.

Tried multiple browsers, F-Fox, Chrome, Vivaldi -- same results.

Tried multiple machines, Mac and Linux -- same results.

BP

BTW - Thank you for your response!

0 vote
Bridget Sauer Community Manager Nov 17, 2017

@Babak Pasdar [Administrator], just a few followup questions!

What product is the user using, and is it server/cloud/data center?

Do you perhaps have a proxy that may be mangling the request?

Looking forward to your answer! 

0 vote

Why does the password stop working? 

Also, could you give us the url?  Copy and paste it in full from the email, but get rid of the first part  (e.g. if it's https://aplaceyougo.com/jira/password/reset then we don't need the aplaceyougo.com  bit)

Hi Bridget, I am using their cloud service.  No proxy.  We have tried on multiple networks and multiple locations.

BP

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published 12 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

96 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you