Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an issue with SourceTree 2.7.4?

David Middleton May 24, 2018

After auto-update to 2.7.4, I get warnings from Little Snitch about code signing being different on disk to running app, and that the app might have been tampered with.

I deleted the app and went to the download link on the sourcetreeapp.com site, but that download is for 2.7.3a

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2018

Hi David, looks like you might need to look at the setting of Little Snitch.

Sourcetree 2.7.3.a is the version that has already been released to all our users, and the version you can find in our website. For some of our users we provide them with an early update, that's why yours was 2.7.4. Once you install Sourcetree again, you should be able to update to 2.7.4 if so you wish. 

If you're still having issues, please send us a screenshot of the error you get so we can continue helping you.

Kind regards!

Ana

David Middleton May 25, 2018

Thanks Ana. Can't see any settings in Little Snitch that would affect this - it always checks code signatures to make sure applications haven't been modified.

Slightly weird in this case as it's saying the version on disk doesn't have a code signature, but the running app does?!

Screenshot attached.Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 13.53.23.png

David Middleton May 30, 2018

Hi,

Any more news on this?

I did a search on Google for the error and the only results point to this very similar SourceTree issue

I'm running on macOS 10.13.4 and I still get the error when running SourceTree 2.7.3a, so it seems not related directly to a specific version (or at least it happens in 2.7.1 thru 2.7.4).

Thanks,

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events