Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving alert "running process differs from the version on disk"

buzzer April 14, 2018

I am now getting the following alert from Little Snitch when I fire up SourceTree:

The running process differs from the version on disk. It is signed, but the version on disk is not signed. This means that the running process was possibly maliciously modified.

It seems unlikely to me that the code has been modified, but I still find this alarming. Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know what's causing it, and how to solve the issue? Thanks!

I'm running Sourcetree 2.7.1 on macOS 10.13.1.

1 answer

0 votes
bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

This is the first report we've had like this. Out of curiosity, is there a reason you've not upgraded to the latest 10.13 release? That eliminates one source of change 😀

bgannin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

Also, do you have any other installs of Sourcetree floating around or is it guaranteed to be a single one?

Mike Figueroa May 30, 2018

Same issue here. I've actually been getting this alert for a while and been ignoring it. I only have one copy of SourceTree in stalled and it's always up to date. Currently on 2.7.3 (169) on MacOS 10.12.6.

niyog_ray September 23, 2018

Hi Brian, I faced this issue after upgrading to Little Snitch 4.

I have uploaded a screenshot, where Little Snitch suggests that this happens because of apps which update themselves without restarting afterward. Downloading from a trusted source and reinstalling could fix the issue.

So I downloaded Sourcetree and dragged to Applications.

Here's a problem. The new Sourcetree.app is named differently from the old one, "SourceTree.app"

So I got two copies of Sourcetree in the end. I am not sure if I will lose anything, but I deleted the older one. Seemed to work fine.

Then I deleted the Little Snitch rule which allowed all connections from Sourcetree. And the error came back.

The funny thing is that the new "Sourcetree.app" is still referred to as "SourceTree" by Little Snitch, and even the parent application in the screenshot is "SourceTree".

So there are at least two issues, maybe related.

Would love if you guys fix this issue, seems to be around for more than a quarter year now.

Screenshot 2018-09-23 at 1.01.27 PM.png

I have uploaded a screenshot, where Little Snitch suggests that this happens because of apps which update themselves without restarting afterward. Downloading from a trusted source and reinstalling could fix the issue.

Here's a problem. The new Sourcetree.app is named differently from the old one, "SourceTree.app"

So I got two copies of Sourcetree in the end. I am not sure if I will lose anything, but I deleted the older one. Seemed to work fine.

Then I deleted the Little Snitch rule which allowed all connections from Sourcetree. And the error came back.

The funny thing is that the new "Sourcetree.app" is still referred to as "SourceTree" by Little Snitch, and even the parent application in the screenshot is "SourceTree".

Would love if you guys fix this issue, seems to be around for more than a quarter year now.Screenshot 2018-09-23 at 1.01.27 PM.png

Umm, why is my reply getting deleted if I refresh the page? Is this another bug?

Would love if you guys fix this issue, seems to be around for more than a quarter year now.

I am uploading the screenshot separately here and hope the above answer stays.Screenshot 2018-09-23 at 1.01.27 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events