Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When importing trello data, comments and activity both are merging

prasanthi padmasale May 19, 2017

we are trying to import data from trello to jira through trello importer in jira,

when we import data from one of our trello instance both comments and activity are merging.

comments are not showing in the jira issue comments, only we can see the comments in activity.

1 answer

0 votes
prasanthi padmasale May 21, 2017

Hi,

Can any one help me out on my above question

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2017

Are you using Trello Importer Plugin for JIM? If so, please let us know what version of JIRA. That plugin is not compatible with JIRA 7, so that could cause unexpected results.

After you let me know your JIRA version I will try reproducing the issue to see if the comments from Trello show up as Activity.

prasanthi padmasale May 22, 2017

Hi Ann,

we are trying to import in jira cloud instace ( JIRA v1000.996.2 )

when we try importing from one of our trello trial instance into jira, we got every thing as expected.

But when we try importing data from our production instance of trello, we are not getting the comments in comments tab, we are able to see them as activity.

Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2017

Hi Prasanthi,

Could you tell us a little more about the trial and production instances of Trello that you're referring to?

Trello doesn't have a trial version—are you referring to two different accounts, or different boards?

prasanthi padmasale May 24, 2017

Hi Caity,

I have created one trello cloud account to test the data migration from trello to JIRA, and we have our main production trello instance from which we actually need to migrate the cards into jira.

When we try migration from my trello cloud account(sample data) everything is fine.

But when we try migrating data from our actual data trello account/instance(production instance), we are facing the above problem.

I am referrind to two different accounts

Caity
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2017

Hi Prasanthi,

Are the cards in your production account copied from another board? Copied comments are considered actions (the action of copying the comment) rather than as a comment itself, so if these cards were copied, that could explain why the comments are showing up in the activity feed in JIRA.

You can tell if a comment is copied by looking for something like this in the activity feed:

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 9.26.28 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events