What happens if I remove confluence-users group from a space?

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2015

Hello,

Sorry, but I've been away from Confluence for a while and am having to re-learn certain things...

I understand what the confluence-users group is and why it exists. At the moment it is getting added by default to new spaces. I want to remove it so that only named groups and individuals can access our spaces.

If I remember correctly, removing the confluence-users group from a space will not affect the space's access/edit permissions for the other groups and their users that have been added to the space.

But am I correct? I could go ahead and test this on our live instance, but I'm concerned about messing up permissions and upsetting our users. smile

Cheers.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2015

Your memory is working fine.

If you remove confluence-users from permissions on space X, then the space will not be open to everyone, it will be limited to the other people and groups that you have left in there (remember to check the "anonymous" access as well).  The removal will not affect people's login, or any other spaces.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

Nic,

Thank you. And you are still providing a wonderful service, which is why you're still the all-time karma king. smile

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events