What do you think about how tags are added in Answers

Tyler B [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2014

When you ask questions currently in Answers, you are presented a list of options for tags to help you standardize your tags and make it easier for people to find your question.

I am wondering what users think about the current way tags are presented and organized? How can Atlassian make this feature even better when Confluence Questions replaces Answers?

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2014

Hi Tyler,

For me there could be one new feature that could reduce number of not tagged questions or tagged incorrectly. The idea might be a little hard to implement, but I would like to have something like .. autotagging.

What I mean by that?

It would be great if you are writing a question descriping the details and system automaticaly tag question based on the content. (when saving for example).

How this could work?

In theory very easy.. Just scan the content for name of the products (JIRA, Confluence, ... ) and if there is no tag already added ot the question add it automatically.

So, .. If I am writing a questions (for example):

"Will Team Calendars be available in JIRA as it is for Confluence?"

Then system when saving shoudl should automatically tag the question with: team-calendar, jira and confluence. (if not set by user already)

What you think about this idea?

As for presentation layer .. This depends how currently you would like to develop it. Some screenshots or description how it will be OOTB in Questions could be helpful to start the discussion. Because it is better to gather feedback from the point we are starting rather then trying to suggest something that is already there or not possible to achieve from the technical perspective.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events