Unable to view or print Jira comments after search has been executed

Wayne Parker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 2, 2012

After executing a search from the Issue Navigator the pertinent data is returned from the result set EXCEPT comments. If I click on a single issue itself I can see the comment and export it out to Word and the comments appear. However, if I try and export the list returned from the Issue Navigator search the Jira comments do NOT appear.

How do I get the comments to appear in the export for a list of issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2012

It's not currently possible to export comments to Excel/Word from the issue navigator, this feature is actually being tracked at jira.atlassian.com:

Looking through the comments by the users in the feature request, there are several suggestion of workarounds to have this feature available in the mean time. One of the user suggested to use the All comments plugins, which maps all the comments from the issue to a custom field that can be exported (this plugin appears to be only compatible with JIRA ~ 5.1.2, so I'm not sure if it may help, so I'd advise you to test this on a test instance to see if it works).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events