Sprints lost after Jira update

GeraldAT December 11, 2012

Hello,

I did an update of Jira from 5.1 to 5.2.2 Today I have Greenhopper 6.1.0 installed.

After the update I had to re-index. After that all Sprints were lost. Also the story estimations weren't displayed in the backlog.

How can I get back my Sprint data? Also the finished Sprints are gone.

Thanks

Gerald

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
GeraldAT March 17, 2013

We had duplicated fields (due to a Greenhopper update).

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/How+to+Fix+the+Duplicate+GreenHopper+Custom+Fields+After+Upgrading

That explains why the sprints were gone. After the update new fields for Sprint and Story Points were created. I merged the data. Now it's ok.

Jeffrey Davidson March 25, 2013

We just had this exact issue as well. I ended up just updating the propertyvalue column of the propertynumber table from the newly created field id to the old field id, and all the sprints showed back up immediately. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

hi gerald.

can you confirm that all issues still exist?

could you add a screenshot of your empty planing board please?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013
No i mean the issues inside the sprints you are missing. My thought was aiming on some epic labels that might be highlighted unwanted wich will cause empty backlogs as well
GeraldAT January 10, 2013

well, the issue basically exist, however some estimations were gone.

Unfortunately we already created new sprints, so I've got no emtpy board anymore.

GeraldAT January 15, 2013

at this point - we just have started using Greenhopper - there were no Epics.

As I said the issues in the backlog were present. It seems that the Sprint Objects have been deleted.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2013

What does the database query say?

select * from AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2012

Hi Gerald,

Hmm, it's rather unusual that your Sprints were lost. In that case, may I know if your boards still show up fine?

If it does, could you try restarting your instance, and see if it helps?

GeraldAT December 17, 2012

Thanks for your answer.

The boards were empty. I'll try the restart approach.

GeraldAT January 10, 2013

It's been a while.

Restarting Jira did not change anything.

Suggest an answer