SSO suddently stopped working - Azure AD + Atlassian Guard

Klas Fokine September 10, 2024

We'be been running the Atlassian Suite (Jira Service Management, Confluence and Trello) for a number of years smoothly setup with SSO (Azure AD/Entra as identity provider) however just recently we're unable to login to any of the services. We've done no changes in the AD and when verifying from Azure Portal the SSO config is  setup correctly.

As your only able to submit a support ticket if you're logged in as the admin I'm stuck and resorted to posting the question here using a different Atlassian account (not the same org).

Any suggestiongs on how to proceed? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vicknesh Shanmugam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2024

Hi Klas.

You may try raising a support ticket with your new account and ask if Atlassian can provide an email address where you can send email to receive support from them. If you have the email, perhaps you may switch to your work email and email your problem to Atlassian Support's email. You can ask them to detach the SSO configuration which should allow your users to be local users. After that, your users will need to reset their password from id.atlassian.com and that should allow them to access Atlassian Cloud while the SSO issue is being investigated.

As for your SSO issue, you can try to use https://developer.chrome.com/docs/devtools (if you have not) to possibly find some hint to why you are unable to access Atlassian Cloud. Sometimes there's errors related to the login request that could explain the reason why the login is failing.

Regards,

Vicknesh [ServiceRocket]

Klas Fokine September 24, 2024

Thanks Vicknesh, I was actually able to held hold of Atlassian support using an alternative e-mail and then transferring the ticket to my company e-mail to verify I wad entitled and they were able to quickly resolve the issue which was due to an expired SAML certificate.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
1 vote
Hector Menchaca
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2024

Hello @Klas Fokine ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I think I worked with you on this ticket - is there something else you need or everything is working fine?

Thanks!

Klas Fokine September 24, 2024

Hi Hector and you, you helped me resolving the issue and everything is working fine now. Thanks for your quick support!

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events