• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Request for facility to have a facility so that I can assign any ticket available in backlog to relevant sprint using some action on Jira ticket or using right click.

Request for facility to have a facility so that I can assign any ticket available in backlog to relevant sprint using some action on Jira ticket or using right click.

Rohit Upadhyay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2013

User story :

-------------

As a Jira product backlog administrator, from Jira Rapid Board, I would like to have a facility so that I can assign any ticket available in backlog to relevant sprint so that assigment of sprint name to a ticket should be more user friendly.

Additional information:

At present I am able to drag and drop jira ticket to relevant sprint but I need a facility so that by right clicking on jira ticket I should be able to assign sprint number.

Please see attached screenshot for more information.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2013

There's no screenshot.

However, you should be able to simply edit the sprint using inline editing on each issue

Rohit Upadhyay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 14, 2013

Thanks for your revert on this. I did following steps to make sprint field visible in Jira ticket to be editable

1. I had to add custom field named 'Sprint'.

2. Associate this field named 'Sprint' to Default screen. Positioned this new field to be displayed after Fix version by drag & drop.

3. Reopen the Jira ticket and then it was displaying above mentioned new field named 'Sprint' as expected.

4. With this I don't need to drag & drop to move up the ticket in product backlog list. I just need to edit the jira ticket and look for my new field & update the relevant sprint number in it.

Thanks for your hint to perform above steps.

Regards,

Rohit Upadhyay

IT Business Analyst

Autoprotect

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events