Report showing hours logged (time spent) over period of time

Jared Williams January 18, 2017

Hello, I'm trying to get a simple report of hours logged (time spent) over a 5 day period.  I'm currently using this JQL - project = "project x" AND worklogDate >= "2017/1/9" AND worklogDate <= "2017/1/13"

When I dump the results into csv, the "time spent" column shows cumulative hours spent on the tickets, not just the hours "spent" during that week.  I assume this query is pulling these tickets because time WAS logged during that time period, but I ONLY want to know how many hours were logged during this time and not total time spent on these tickets.  Is there a way to do this?

3 answers

2 votes
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2019

Hi @Jared Williams ,

have you found an app that meets your requirements? The vendor scene is quite vibrant recently, so you have a plenty of options to choose from.

You can simply go to marketplace, type "Worklogs" in the search input box and then choose the best app for you.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jakub.

1 vote
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

Hi Jared,

Worklog sum for specific time periods is not a built-in functionality.

The cheapest addon that lets you get that info is Time Reports:

That's the addon we use in our organisation, it's cheap ($5 or $10 per month), has good and fast support and I definitely recommend it.

Hope it helps.

Jared Williams January 18, 2017

Thank you!  i will definitely look into this add-on.

0 votes
Joshwa Marcalle
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2019

Hi Jared, 

We had the same problem, tried them all, some are very good but still, we had to do a lot of manual work.

We decided to build our own, and we believe its great. Please try it out and give us your thoughts: Hours Reports (Work Log Time Reports)

Regards,

OB1
Rob

Suggest an answer