Remove Disabled gadgets from the users dashboard

Binisha February 20, 2013

Hi All,

Is there any way to remove the gadget which are disabled, from the users dashboard.

Ex: A gadget is enabled and user uses it, in his dashboard. The gadget is disabled by the admin, but this gadget will be present on the user's dashboard, which actually doesn't serve any purpose, with the following error

Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/XXX/Y.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
S February 20, 2013

Gadgets can be removed from the dashboard only by the user is the current owner of the dashboard. To remove any gadget, click on the dropdown at the top-right of the gadget(otherwise remains hidden).

In case you have administration rights on the application, you can go to Administration>Shared Dashboards to change the owner of the dashboard to make required changes.

JPB October 2, 2014

Hi Smruti. But what happens when is a personal dashboard not shared, that only the user can see? is there a way to disabled a gadget or a gadget configuration for that personal dashboard? in other words, I have a gadget, and want an especific configuration for that gadget in every board, even the personal ones. I'm talking specifically of the 'time sheet' gadget, because this gadget can be configure individually for a personal dashboard, I want the general configuration to be inherited for all the dashboards that add this gadget. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events