Rapid board - how to have a review column?

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2012

Using a Rapid board I am trying to duplicate a Task board which has a review column mapped to resolved/incomplete.

However, on the Rapid Board you can't have the selection of a Resolution as well as a Status on the column configuration like one can have with a Task board.

The Rapid Board comes with Review in the unmapped statuses. I created a Review column and dragged this Review status to it. When we try and drag an issue to this column to put in review it can't be dropped.

What is the recommended way of having a review column with the Rapid board?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2012

Hi,

The statuses on the left are the result of your JIRA workflow. If you are seeing an entry called 'Review' there this means that your workflow already includes a Review step. This means that you can potentially just create a Review column with the 'Review' status and drag issues in to it (though your workflow may restrict which statuses can move to Review or place a variety of other restrictions on the transition).

The recommended way of having a review column would be as above, add a Review status to the workflow for the project(s) you are viewing in the Rapid Board then add a Review column.

Thanks,
Shaun

boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2012

Thanks Shawn. I updated my question with fuller info on what I have tried so far. I was unaware of a workflow existing, would it have taken that from the task board mappings, as I did not create one for the rapid board? I will investigate more tomorrow.

0 votes
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2012

It's most probable that your administrator or someone else who set up JIRA created the Review status, none is included with JIRA out of the box.

Workflows are a high level JIRA concept and control the progression of issues within projects (for example from Open to Triaged to In Development to In QA to Done). The person who configured the system or an administrator could explain how your workflow is constructed, you may be able to simply start using this Review status.

Thanks,
Shaun

Suggest an answer