Notifications not being sent to assignee

Hi,

Recently (Perhaps since upgrading to v6.2 from 5.x) users for one particular project mentioned they have stopped receiving notifications of issues being assigned to them from other project members. The project uses the default notification scheme which is set to notifiy the current assignee's, reporters and watchers for every event, including "Issue Assigned" and "Issue Updated". The users do have permission to see all the project cases in case that's relevant.

The notification helper shows the users should be receiving notifications for the 'Issue Assigned' events but that is not the case. When I've tested it using my account it seems to work. I've monitored the users mailbox's to ensure it's not simply been seen a junk mail or anything Outlook related.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Regards,
Blake

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

This turned out to be bug tracked at JRA-36443. Atlassian support managed to find it.

Basically it was an issue with the avatars that stopped the emails from being created...

This widget could not be displayed.
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Jun 22, 2014

Hi Blake

Basically there is 2 bug reports which could be related to your current issue:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-323

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-446

However it is being fix in the later version of JIRA Service Desk perhaps you would like to have a read on these bug reports see whether if it relates to your issue.

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I've tagged this wrong sorry, this is for JIRA, not JIRA Service Desk. I must have tagged that by mistake sorry, I don't even have JSD installed sorry.

JSD-323 expects I would see them stuck in the mail queue which I don't.

JSD-446 seems to be unique to the service desk... That would explain why the issue is listed under the JSD project... Sorry again!

I've just spoken to the users again, apparently once the a assignee has viewed or edited a case, they receive notifications correctly from then on when the issues are passed back for fourth.

Regards,
Blake

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

171 views 18 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you