No login possible after importing projects in JIRA ondemand

Werner Schmutz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 26, 2013

We currently have JIRA installed on one of our servers. Then I created a trial account for JIRA on demand (ad-be-ch.atlassian.net). Next was an export of the JIRA content of our installation and an attempted re-import into the cloud version of JIRA. This seemed to start OK with 90% imported after a couple of minutes. Several hours have passed and now I can no longer login to the instance. I just get the dashboard with practically no content and a link in the upper right for login. This however does not work either...

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2013

Werner, you should be all set now! I'm not sure if you are aware, but when you move from a self-hosted instance to JIRA OnDemand, all the system's groups are renamed - for example the "jira-administrators" group becomes "administrators", the "jira-users" group becomes "users" and so on. It seems that the global permissions of your instance were still pointing to the old groups, I took the liberty to change those settings and associate them with correct groups - you should be able to log into JIRA now without any problems.

0 votes
Andrei Dumitrescu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 7, 2014

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as described above, after trying to import data to JIRA OnDemnad.

Could you please help / advise?

Would you need more info?

Thanks

0 votes
Werner Schmutz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 26, 2013

Perfect! Thank you very much, this was FAST!!

Suggest an answer