Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge atlassian accounts

N. Schipper June 9, 2017

I have currently 3 different atlassian accounts this account + one for bitbucket (personal) + one for another JIRA software account. 

My question has become how can I merge all these accounts into 1 account preferably an account associated with my personal email address. So if in the future I'm added to other atlassian products for diffrent projects I don't have to do anywhere near the amount of effort as I currently have to do. 

4 answers

1 accepted

14 votes
Answer accepted
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

Currently, it's not possible to merge Atlassian accounts. There is an open feature request raised in our external bugs/features tracking system. Please follow the workaround instructions provided in the feature request.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-240

Choong Ng April 28, 2020

To save the next person the click that's a 2017 ticket that says: "There is no workaround at the moment to merge data for multiple Atlassian accounts"

Edit: Atlassian support was able to merge my accounts after some messages back and forth to work out exactly what should end up where. In my case there were no overlapping services between the two Atlassian accounts so nothing was lost.

Like # people like this
Stefan Briney May 7, 2020

Do you mind if i ask you to elaborate on the type of information that they were able to merge for you? I am currently communicating with the support team after having read your message and they are telling me the opposite. I am in need of merging over the previous timesheet information from one account to another and was curious if that was part of your merge.

Choong Ng May 7, 2020

They were able to move my app accounts (Trello and Bitbucket) from separate Atlassian accounts onto one. There wasn't any overlap so no data needed to be merged.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Aw, nice to see my suggestion (ID-240) mentioned here! One day I hope it'll be possible to merge unruly Atlassian IDs...

Like # people like this
2 votes
Mel Paisley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2017

Your Atlassian ID account is a single account that works across multiple systems.  But, if you've signed up for multiple Atlassian ID's using different email addresses, you'll need to contact Atlassian to assist you. 

You should provide the emails associated with each of your existing accounts, and let them know which you would like to be your primary account.  

You can log a request at https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing

Nathan Petralia October 4, 2018

I have tried contacting Atlassian but one of the advocates keeps insisting that I should ask my site admin to do this for me but if I do that the site admin will delete my email and I will loose all the history and work I have done on my to be merged account. I have sent in a new ticket to Atlassian, hopefully someone else can assist me with an actual merge and not a delete and remake.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Itamar Ben Sinai August 2, 2017

I believe you have to contact Atlassian support to make it happen

0 votes
Aaron Geister August 18, 2019

So I have my work Atlassian Account which email belongs to my work place but I am opening another one to get my Administrator cert. How can I apply my cert to both accounts? Or is that not possible either?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

On the certification provider's site (CertMetrics), you can specify your work and personal emails in your profile.

On Community, your certs will appear on your profile as long as your Community email matches one of those, I think?

Like mfalkvidd likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events