LDAP authentication

Fory Horio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2013

Testing 4.2.4 to 5.2.4 upgrade. Looks like osuser.xml does not get taken effect for 5.2. I could not get authenticated against LDAP. So, tried User Directories Add Directory, but it synced groups from LDAP into JIRA. (the LDAP test succeeds) We do not want LDAP groups in JIRA. We use LDAP only for user login authentication. Even that I am still getting errors:

2013-01-21 16:09:39,008 http-bio-8080-exec-1 anonymous 969x856x1 inskuc 10.1.21.52 /login.jsp login : 'crose' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

2013-01-21 16:09:39,016 http-bio-8080-exec-1 anonymous 969x856x1 inskuc 10.1.21.52 /login.jsp The user 'crose' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 7

3 answers

0 votes
Fory Horio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 28, 2013

The problem was solved by re-installing. I did not change any installation steps. Weird.

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

So, tried User Directories Add Directory, but it synced groups from LDAP into JIRA. (the LDAP test succeeds) We do not want LDAP groups in JIRA.

Can you add a new directory connector, and then put a group object filter that returns no groups? Then you wont have any groups imported into jira from the LDAP.

Something like:

(!(objectCategory=Group))

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

I would recommend upgrading to 4.4.5 first as an extra step due to all the major changes. It may solve most of these issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events