Jobs added late to Perforce changelists never appears in JIRA

Jonas Ericsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2012

We have a JIRA-Fisheye-Perforce environment, and everything is working as expected except in the case where users link the Perforce job (created by JIRA) to a changelist *after* the changelist was submitted to Perforce. I understand that the Fisheye polling of new Perforce changelists doesn't catch this, but it doesn't seem to help to manually start a Re-scan Perforce changelists either.

The changesets that were linked to jobs never show up in the JIRA issue!

How do get this info into JIRA?

The JIRA version is 5.1.2

1 answer

0 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

As you already described, FishEye needs to re-index the Perforce changelist.
In the repository maintenance you can re-index the Perforce Changelists, specifying a start and end revision.
Alternatively you can trigger this partial re-index from the commandline using "fisheyectl rescan".

The information in FishEye is now updated, but the JIRA-FishEye plugin caches information for performance reasons.
The information that is shown in the Source tab of the JIRA issue is not updated.
If you restart JIRA, the caches are invalidated, and the correct information shows up.
Re-starting JIRA is a brute force approach, there luckily is a gentler approach.
You can request a cache flush through the JIRA UI, as described in Troubleshooting FishEye for JIRA - Updating a Changeset Message (SVN only).

rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2012

There proves to be a bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events