Jira wired Create Issue Dialog

Andreas Hilmer October 9, 2012

Hi,

I have a very strange issue. Maybe you can help me.

When i try to import my backup from Jira4.43 to Jira5.06 I get a wired "Create Issue" Dialog. You can see it in the attachements. If i use no Backup the create Issue screen is working.

This strange create issue screen happens only when I am using the WAR version from Jira provided from the company I am working for. If I import the backup on my local machine (Windows 7 installer with tomcat) it works.

The provided version is installed on a Tomcat inside a Linux machine. Also a mysql DB is used.

Is there someone who got the same issue already?

It could be related to the ecoding. The database schema is UTF-8.

Any ideas what i can try to get it working?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

I found finally the solution of the problem. It was caused by wrong format of systemencoding. It must be set to UTF-8. This can be done at the tomcat startup scripts via adding "-Dfile.encoding=utf-8".

Here is some more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Internalisation+and+Encoding+Troubleshooting</code<>>

0 votes

Hi Lucas,

thanks for you help.

I tried deleting $CATALINA_BASE/work/ and also $CATALINA_BASE/webapps. But none of these solutions worked.

Any other ideas?

Best Regards

Andi

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi Andreas,

Since you're using the JIRA WAR, I believe this error is happening due some inconsistency on the Tomcat work directory. Would you try the following procedure:

- Shutdown Tomcat;
- Remove the content of $CATALINA_BASE/work;
- Start Tomcat once again.

After that please advise if the problem is still occurring.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer