Is there any way to auto-populate the value from one field to another field on the same page while creating Issues..?

selvamanis October 2, 2012

i would like to auto populate the "Component" Field from drop down Select list.

3 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

If you can explain a bit more on the usecase, it will be useful. If you just want to copy a value from one field to another, do this in the post function of workflow.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

You can also try Behaviours plugin ... there is a similar example available here

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2012

You can use javascript to do that, write javascript code and place it in description of one of customfields.

selvamanis October 2, 2012

hi Vishwajeet,

i new to this scripting could you please share some scripts. so that can expand it

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2012

are you familiar with javascript ? I don't have any readymade scripts, I will see if I can cook some examples for you.

Suggest an answer