It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to auto-populate the value from one field to another field on the same page while creating Issues..?

selvamani, selvaraj Oct 02, 2012

i would like to auto populate the "Component" Field from drop down Select list.

3 answers

0 votes
vishwajeet singh Oct 02, 2012

You can use javascript to do that, write javascript code and place it in description of one of customfields.

selvamani, selvaraj Oct 02, 2012

hi Vishwajeet,

i new to this scripting could you please share some scripts. so that can expand it

vishwajeet singh Oct 02, 2012

are you familiar with javascript ? I don't have any readymade scripts, I will see if I can cook some examples for you.

0 votes
Mizan Ali Sayed Oct 02, 2012

You can also try Behaviours plugin ... there is a similar example available here

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Oct 02, 2012

If you can explain a bit more on the usecase, it will be useful. If you just want to copy a value from one field to another, do this in the post function of workflow.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

Disney Live Action Reboots: Are you for or against?

Happy Friday Everyone! Today marks the international release of Disney's live action version of the animated classic Aladdin. I know that this movie was met with some controversy of over cast...

194 views 21 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you