Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install on server with other hosting accounts on

Jimi Wikman February 25, 2013

I am considering setting up a personal Jira+Confluence+Greenhopper+Tempo and as i have a dedicated server where I also host some websites (running cPanel on Linux) it would be nice to add the setup to that server, but I am unsure how much it would influence the hosting accounts on the server?

As I understand it Jira with it's plugins need to be installer serverwide and it can not be installed in just one account on a server (like inside one hosting account on the server)?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013
Hi jimi. If your cpanel supports it you could use the war files to install jira and confluence easily. Or if you're root just use the installer. Modifications must be done anyway. If you need help with that just let us know
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013
i've installed many times on customers hosts with plesk. No problem. Everything works as usual
Jimi Wikman February 25, 2013

I am root of course :)

How resource intense is Jira and Confluence and is there something I should consider in regards of system resources?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

hmm depends on what you're planning ;)

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Requirements

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/System+Requirements

you could start by installing both on the same host. if you reach the point where you cross the line to a "large installation" you can safely migrate to a new host. latest examples proved it works like a charm ;)

because jira&atlassian both bring their own JRE there are no really deep system changes made during the installation process.

Aaron Allen February 25, 2014

I am having an issue with the following error on 1&1

Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.

We cannot execute java

I have unzipped the jdk-7u51-linux-x64.gz in the same directory has the jira build files. What am I doing incorrectly here?
Like Michael Boeneke likes this
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

did you set it in

${jira_install_dir}/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties ?

1 vote
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2013

Hi Jimi,

In fact you don't need to do any changes on your hosted accounts, but create an user for the apps.

If you want you can create an user to each application and serve them through apache mod_proxy to give a vhost to each application.

If it's your wish you can install all applications with only one user, but it's easier to manage the processes if you use different accounts.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events