Incorrect sprint time data, with no way to modify event times (scope change etc.) after the fact

Will Harris November 1, 2012

The time sprint time management features in GH6 seem to be extremely restricted. There doesn't appear to be any way to modify what GH6 thinks are the date/times of scope changes and so on. This means that sprint timing data and charts may be irretrievably incorrect.

My main problem is that I can't guarantee that someone will remember to click on the Start Sprint button at the right time, or make the appropriate ticket transitions at the right time. If the sprint start button isn't clicked at the right time, everything that GH records as being sprint events is wrong. I get back from vacation and click the Start Sprint button one week into the sprint; I can adjust the sprint's start date after the fact, but any stories that have already been resolved in the sprint don't show up on the charts, giving me a wrong total velocity, wrong burndown rate and so on. This situation is really bad for me and my team.

The fact is that I cannot guarantee that everyone will do the right thing at the right time, and being able to rectify the situation after the fact is crucial for maintaining clean, valuable data. I am willing to manually change values in the DB if you can tell me which fields in which tables need to be modified. I am a programmer so don't worry about blinding me with science - this is really important to us!

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2012

Hey there, Will.

Kindly monitor the progress of the ticket raised in regards to this. Thanks!

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6649

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer