I would like to be able to capture roadblocks during my sprint

Raoul Kaiser July 25, 2013

We all experience roadblocks while we are sprinting that takes us away from our sprint work. Especially those of us in small shops where we do the development and production support. What is the best tool or method to capture those roadblocks?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raoul Kaiser August 5, 2013

Thanks for the answers. What I have ended up doing is creating a generic project called system admin (SA) Then I create an epic for each sprint and instead of asking my team to create roadblocks under the proper projects I have them create subtasks within the epic and tag the issue with the true project it belongs to.

This allows me to monitor on the work board and track all roadblocks. We can also assign point values so we can determine what the effect was on our sprint. Doing this as an epic with points on the sub-tasks does not raise our sprint points and does not effect our velocity calculation.

0 votes
YC Lian July 31, 2013

Put it on the whiteboard or wall. The key is not the tool that you use but whether people talk about it, aware about it, and act on it.

I know you could be looking for a GreenHopper's answer, but that's really the best answer for:

What is the best tool or method to capture those roadblocks?

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2013

Hi Raoul,

One option that may work is using the right-click 'Add Flag' option within GreenHopper. This will add a flag to an issue or sub-task and also allow you to query those issues via jql using a query similar to "project = <project name> and Flagged is not EMPTY".

Cheers,

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events