I want to make sure that users will execute transition after they commented on Issue

Bartek Kobyłecki October 8, 2013

Hi,

please help me with following:

Type of project: recruitment

Use case: We have couple of steps in our recruitment process. On each step each interviewer leaves his comment and should transition Issue to the next step (status). Very often users forgot to do the second step. What are possible solutions for that?

I tried with adding property jira.permission.comment.user=denied for a status that required commenting and at the same time provided the transition screen with Comment, but unfortunately this permission doesn't allow to add comments via transition screen too.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bartek Kobyłecki October 16, 2013

I got the answer from Atlassian support:

Hi Bartek,
I don't believe comments can be incorporated the way you are looking to have them incorporated. My suggestion here would be to create a custom screen for each transition (interviewer) as well as a custom comment field for each of those transitions. You'll then want to add those fields to the transition screen for their corresponding transitions and make them required.

With this workflow your interviewer will transition the issue, be forced to fill in this required comment field, then the issue will transition.

Hope this helps

Thanks

0 votes
Bartek Kobyłecki October 15, 2013

I asked

0 votes
Bartek Kobyłecki October 9, 2013

Thank you Bharadwaj!

Unfortunately I'm OnDemand user and AFAIK cannot write my own Validators.

Is there any other way to achieve my goal?

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

you need to write a workflow validator that enforces the user to enter the comments before pressing the transition button.

you need to write something like this

InvalidInputException e=new InvalidInputException();

boolean comm=ActionContext.getParameters().containKey("comments");

if(comm=true && ActionContext.getParameters().get("comments") ==null)

{

e.addError("comments","Enter comments");

throw e;

}

Suggest an answer