How to create own sprints for multiple teams under same JIRA project by using Scrum Rapid boards?

JP Patrikainen May 30, 2012

Hi,

I can create own Rapid boards to each team (5-10 people / team), which has own filter (we use Component-field for separating task between teams), but when I create sprint in one rapid board for one team I cannot plan own sprint for another team in their own rapid board.

Basically each team has "own backlog" by using that filter, but not possible add items to their own sprint.

I cannot use separate JIRA projects for teams, so how this should be done?

-JP

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2012

Hi JP,

This should work fine. What must be happening is that somehow issues for Team A that is currently in a Sprint are somehow being included by the filter for Team B's Rapid Board. Check the work tab for the Rapid Board where you cannot start a Sprint and then change the filter on that board so that it does not select any of those issues.

This particular approach (using the Component field to separate backlogs) is exactly the one used by the Stash team internal to Atlassian. It definitely can work.

Thanks,
Shaun

JP Patrikainen October 24, 2012

Problem was how filtter is created for the rapid board. Modification was not user friendly in this version we use. Hopefully this has been changed on current/future versions.

Suggest an answer