Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone reinstalled their Cloud version of JSD into a server version to use Teams for Service Desk and how did it go?

Valerie Boudreau April 12, 2016

We have tried to reinstall a save of our JSD Cloud instance () into a server version, with no luck. All of the navigation is empty. The data is there if you search for it, but nothing is findable from the nav. We tried this a couple of months ago and it worked. It appears the current versions don't handle it as well. 

Any advice? 

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

I migrated a system from JIRA v7.0.0-OD-04-018#70027 to JIRA Server version 7.0.0 back in October of 2015.   I seem to recall a warning about the on-demand version being greater than the server version, even though the version numbers are almost the same.   The data came over fine, but we had some permission issues that needed to be resolved before the system was usable.  

To be fair, this particular instance had JIRA Service Desk on the cloud side and we dropped that along with several other plugins on the server side.  We added a few plugins on the server side as well.  As you probably know, there's no real "uninstall" for most plugins, so there's a lot of clutter typically left behind.  I think most of our issues stemmed from the decision to drop Service Desk.

Valerie Boudreau April 14, 2016

Thanks for the info Dave, I appreciate it.  Val 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events