Error on Updating UPM.

Hi Guys,

I got the following error when updated my UPM, plz help on this.

The system attempted to connect to http://host:8080/rest/plugins/1.0/pending/959867d8-0435-4a23-aa8c-8fed52e47ad1 to retrieve the status of your operation, but failed. This may indicate a problem with the base URL configuration of your instance. Try refreshing the page to see if the operation completed, and see the UPM documentation for more details about this error.

Thanks...

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Kevin,

Sometimes the UPM can have problems updating itself, although without actually seeing your logs I won't be able to advise you what the cause of your particular issue was. However, you can update the UPM manually for your JIRA instance by following the instructions below:

1. Download the latest version of the UPM plugin from the Atlassian Plugin Exchange
  2. Copy the plugin JAR file into your JIRA home directory: <JIRA-HOME>\plugins\installed-plugins
  3. Restart JIRA.

For customers using different applications, such as Confluence or FishEye, the procedure for manually updating the UPM is different but the various options are outlined in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Upgrading+the+Universal+Plugin+Manager

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

132 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you