Creating a local email via JIRA

Alex Valderrama April 25, 2012

25-Apr-12

Good Afternoon,

We're running v4.4 on production and test. I already know how to create 'Issues and Comments from Email'. Here's what I'd like to do, but not sure if it's possible.

Usually I'll request a project email (projectName@myCompany.com) from IT and add users to the email for the project. This way when someone sends an email to the project(projectName@myCompany.com), all the users that are included in the project email will also receive the email.

I want to avoid the process of creating a project email and adding users to it. What I'd like to do is create a group, add users to the group, and if possible, here's the tricky part, create a local project email via JIRA, so users can send an email to the project email, and the users be notified.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

You could probably write a issueevent listener to do that, scripted or otherwise, there are plusses and minuses to that.

JEMH has one feature that allows you to use the KEY@place.com as a match for the project KEY. Rather than create multiple emails, a route to support N projects exists through a virtual mailbox domain where all recipients end up (eg KEY@jira.myco.com).

Current features exist for adding the remote user as a watcher, or for notifying anyone who was a recipient of the initial mail. Extending this to mail members of a specific group are also possible, but I hadn't considered that! I'll be adding that to JEMH in the near future, after I get the next release out, logged as https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JEMH-684 .

Suggest an answer