Can't finish setup after using jira intergration

I am able to get the page to tell me it has finished synchronizing but the next button remains grayed out. I was following the slay dragons tutorial. I can't get the system to move past this issue

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

From Atlassian:

We've actually found a bug with several of our 4.3.x Confluence versions in regards to linking to JIRA for user management: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27338

Could I have you try selecting the Confluence internal directory option instead of JIRA? This should allow you to set up a local Confluence administrator and log in. You will need to start the Confluence install over and the easiest way to accomplish this is to simply delete <Confluence home directory>.

After you get in, try setting up the JIRA connection by going to Confluence Admin > User Directories. You should be able to add a new JIRA directory by following these steps.

If you run into further problems during this process, please let us know the error you see on screen (or take a screenshot if it's easier), and also attach the <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log to this ticket.

Cheers,
Andrew Campbell
Atlassian support, San Francisco

0 votes
Peter Koczan Atlassian Team Dec 09, 2012
Hi Nate,
Could you try if the following helps you to fix the problem:
  1. Go to your <confluence-home-folder> delete everything that is in there. (do a backup of your home-folder before moving forward)
  2. Go to <confluence-install-folder> and click on the start-confluence.
  3. When you get to set up the user management screen, choose the local one, not the JIRA.
  4. Now you'll have a local account.
  5. Now it's time to set up your JIRA, please follow this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management#ConnectingtoCrowdorJIRAforUserManagement-jira
  6. Go to your Confluence and then _Browse > Confluence Admin > User directory > Add > Atlassian JIRA.

Cheers,

Peter

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

40 views 2 3
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you