Can't finish setup after using jira intergration

Nate Cleverly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2012

I am able to get the page to tell me it has finished synchronizing but the next button remains grayed out. I was following the slay dragons tutorial. I can't get the system to move past this issue

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nate Cleverly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 30, 2012

From Atlassian:

We've actually found a bug with several of our 4.3.x Confluence versions in regards to linking to JIRA for user management: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-27338

Could I have you try selecting the Confluence internal directory option instead of JIRA? This should allow you to set up a local Confluence administrator and log in. You will need to start the Confluence install over and the easiest way to accomplish this is to simply delete <Confluence home directory>.

After you get in, try setting up the JIRA connection by going to Confluence Admin > User Directories. You should be able to add a new JIRA directory by following these steps.

If you run into further problems during this process, please let us know the error you see on screen (or take a screenshot if it's easier), and also attach the <confluence_home>/logs/atlassian-confluence.log to this ticket.

Cheers,
Andrew Campbell
Atlassian support, San Francisco

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2012
Hi Nate,
Could you try if the following helps you to fix the problem:
  1. Go to your <confluence-home-folder> delete everything that is in there. (do a backup of your home-folder before moving forward)
  2. Go to <confluence-install-folder> and click on the start-confluence.
  3. When you get to set up the user management screen, choose the local one, not the JIRA.
  4. Now you'll have a local account.
  5. Now it's time to set up your JIRA, please follow this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF43/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management#ConnectingtoCrowdorJIRAforUserManagement-jira
  6. Go to your Confluence and then _Browse > Confluence Admin > User directory > Add > Atlassian JIRA.

Cheers,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events