Can AUI be used standalone?

U47 October 2, 2012

Hey everyone,

Just curious, I realize AUI is likely closed-source and this wouldn't be possible, but can AUI be used outside of an Atlassian product? The autocomplete tag wigets in JIRA (for components, labels, etc.) are just what i need, and overall AUI seems very polished and sophisticated.

Thanks,

Graham.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
BenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

AUI is open source, you can use it wherever you want :) http://developer.atlassian.com/display/AUI

Note it's available as static files as well as an Atlassian Plugin.

Unfortunately JIRA's multiselect/tag widget is not in AUI yet, although an equivalent feature is on the roadmap.

U47 October 3, 2012

Good to know! Thanks, I'll take a peek in the future.

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2012

Hi, the function that you are talking about is simply jQuery based. Take a look at select2, a JavaScript library that is able to do exactly what you have described and lots more.

U47 October 3, 2012

That's fantastic. I'll likely try that for the time being.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events