Due to several reasons I had to replace some tasks with new tasks from the backlog, while the sprint was already started.
The tasks I had to remove were estimated at 40h and the tasks I've put into the sprint are 40h as well. According to my calculations there should be a drop in the 'remaining hours' line in the burndown chart when I remove the tasks and it should go right up again when I add the new tasks to the sprint, making it show the initial amount of remaining hours as before I swapped the tasks.
Unfortunately, the burndown chart only shows the hours that are added, without removing the hours of the tasks that have been removed from the sprint.
How come? Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? In my opinion the burndown chart is not accurate anymore. See below.
Schermafbeelding 2014-10-07 om 14.11.40.png
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Meet @Dinesh Dhinakaran, @Vishnu Vasudeva, @Rajeev Verma, and Jamshid Nalakath: Our extraordinary AUG leaders from Bengaluru, India. These four work together to strengthen the bonds of their local co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs