Adding a Horizontal Rule to separate section of Issue Entry form??

Eric Blair March 15, 2012

I think this can be done by creating a Custom Field. The problem is, I'd need a new cusotm field for each HR I want. Is there any way to use the same field repeatedly in a form?

By the way, I attempted to add HR's using JS in a custom field's description but it doesn't work. Perhaps jira page doesn't allow appending new elelments?

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2012

It should work, try something like:

AJS.$(function () {
	AJS.$("#summary").closest("div").after("<hr>")
});

It's a bit harder in jira5, but you can still do this.

Thanks, but it doesn't work, this is what i tried:

<script language="JavaScript">

jQuery(function(){

AJS.$("customfield_10510FieldArea").closest("div").after("<hr>");

});

</script>

nothing happens when I do that. And there is a div there, I can edit the dom with chrome and insert an HR manually and that works.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2012

> Thanks, but it doesn't work

Yeah, but what I put does work, because I tested it.

You don't mention what jira you're on, but that fieldarea stuff is an old version. If it's an element ID then you need a #, ie AJS.$("#customfield_10510FieldArea")

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2012

No, it doesn't matter. The IDs changed between one version of jira and the next around that time, I think FieldArea was downcased. Can you paste the bit from the html source that contains that element, so we can check.

NB - this is one problem with doing this, you will end up needing to change it quite often.

I'm on 4.1 Jira. I added the hash and still nothing. I do have javascript in other fields and that works. Does this code need to be in a specific field's description? I would imagine not.

This worked for me:

<script language="JavaScript">

jQuery(function(){

AJS.$('#customfield_10649FieldArea').find('div.fieldDescription').after('<hr>');

});

</script>

Charalambos Hadjichristodoulou January 4, 2016

Please pardon my ignorance but is the above still valid in JIRA 6.3? Where exactly would i need to put the above code fragment?

Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2017

the last 2012 comment adds some blank pixels below a field, but doesn't show any kind of horizontal rule on v7.1.9

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2017

Works for me - perhaps it's the styling of the hr

Joe Harmon May 23, 2018

Where are you putting the content?  In the description of any field?  Not working for me either.

Suggest an answer