Adding a Horizontal Rule to separate section of Issue Entry form??

I think this can be done by creating a Custom Field. The problem is, I'd need a new cusotm field for each HR I want. Is there any way to use the same field repeatedly in a form?

By the way, I attempted to add HR's using JS in a custom field's description but it doesn't work. Perhaps jira page doesn't allow appending new elelments?

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

It should work, try something like:

AJS.$(function () {

It's a bit harder in jira5, but you can still do this.

Thanks, but it doesn't work, this is what i tried:

<script language="JavaScript">

nothing happens when I do that. And there is a div there, I can edit the dom with chrome and insert an HR manually and that works.

> Thanks, but it doesn't work

Yeah, but what I put does work, because I tested it.

You don't mention what jira you're on, but that fieldarea stuff is an old version. If it's an element ID then you need a #, ie AJS.$("#customfield_10510FieldArea")

No, it doesn't matter. The IDs changed between one version of jira and the next around that time, I think FieldArea was downcased. Can you paste the bit from the html source that contains that element, so we can check.

NB - this is one problem with doing this, you will end up needing to change it quite often.

I'm on 4.1 Jira. I added the hash and still nothing. I do have javascript in other fields and that works. Does this code need to be in a specific field's description? I would imagine not.

This worked for me:

<script language="JavaScript">

Please pardon my ignorance but is the above still valid in JIRA 6.3? Where exactly would i need to put the above code fragment?

the last 2012 comment adds some blank pixels below a field, but doesn't show any kind of horizontal rule on v7.1.9

Works for me - perhaps it's the styling of the hr

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Jason Wong
Published Tuesday in Agility Beta

Welcome to agility

Every team in the world is unique, and so   Atlassian believes   that each and every team's best way of working  needs to  be molded to their unique circumstances  – ...

452 views 7 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot