User permissions- add attachments

Topaz Gino October 13, 2014

Hi, 

The scenario i got is that i have a regular JIRA user (not admin), and when i've edited her permissions and added to her the possibility to add attachments in the global permissions since it is set in a way that only admin can do it- it didn't work. Is there something i'm missing? 

Please guide me in this issue.

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes

User Permissions.docx - Microsoft Word.jpg

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

You need two things

1. Administration> System > Attachments (under Advanced): Set Allow Attachments to ON
  2. Give that user (preferably via Role or Group) in the permission scheme of that project the create attachment permission.

I'm using version 4.1. I don't have the tabs you've mentioned. I will upload the image of specific permissions that i gave to this user, but it simply ignored the fact that i gave her this permissions since she is in the Confluence-users group and not in JIRA admin group.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

Does not look familiar to me. Is this about adding attachments to JIRA issues or to Confluence? I thought the first since you were talking about a JIRA-User.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events