How to access Questions for Confluence via REST API

Eladio Abquina July 1, 2019

Re-opening this question about accessing API.

I can access the confluence WIKI api for pages using this URL:

https://your.confluence.com/wiki/rest/api/content

In the new version of Questions, what will be the new endpoint? 

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2019

Eladio,

Thank you for contacting us about this. I don't expect the endpoint to change but you will be able to confirm it for sure from the REST API Documentation

Your example URL uses a Server URL mixed with the Cloud formatting; could you tell me if you're asking about Server or Cloud? If Server, which version are you referring to specifically?

Regards,

Shannon

Eladio Abquina July 4, 2019

Shannon,

We are using Cloud. I realized that REST API for cloud has been removed. Is it still the case? I wonder what can be our alternative.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2019

Eladio,

Thank you for confirming that you are on Cloud. The REST API for Confluence Questions has indeed been removed. The below blog touches on features that have been removed or changed.

And from our FAQ: 

There's no REST API for the Cloud version of Questions for Confluence. We'll update you if this changes.

A feature request was created to return the feature, which you are welcome to vote on and watch for updates:

As a workaround, it appears that you might be able to use CQL search within the Confluence REST API to access the questions. These details are available at the Developer Community: Confluence Questions Access via REST API.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events