How can I download all the current questions in this app from my company's Confluence space?

Elias Huchim November 12, 2021

Hello there,

I am wondering if there is a way to download all the questions raised in this app (along with their answers) that live in my company's Confluence space. I am thinking something like a html zip. 

Thanks a lot for your time and information. Have a good day!

2 answers

0 votes
WW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2022

Since this is under the Questions for Confluence category, I'm assuming he means how do you download all the Questions from Questions for Confluence, since it is an Atlassian "app."

I don't use Cloud (we use Data Center), but I have also thought about how to do this.  I know with Server/Data Center, I can probably pull the Q&A from the database.  With the macro available, and even in the Questions UI, you can't get a full list of all the Questions.

For me I wonder how to do this for migration purposes.  For example, if we move to another existing instance of Confluence, you can't export Questions with a space (I'm pretty sure).  Or maybe you need to move your Q&A to a different format or system.  You don't want to lose all that information.

Maybe doing a full backup might include Questions? (I don't think you can do this in Cloud, though.)

You can use the REST API for Server/Data Center, but not for Cloud.  However, there is a workaround for that in this answer.

If you're not familiar with using REST APIs, then you probably won't be able to "download" a list of all your questions.  There is no such UI feature that I'm aware of.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

Welcome to the community!

Which app are you looking at?  I ask because I suspect the app is not actually important to the question.  

The questions and answers in Confluence are held in Confluence (your app is just reading stuff from a data source).  There are a load of ways to download/export data from Confluence, but the most suitable one for you is probably the real question.

What are you trying to achieve with your "download"?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events