cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to add wait time before incident creation from alert

Mohammed Haneefa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 16, 2023

How to add 5 mins of wait time before creating incident from alert.

Here I need to add 5 mins of wait time before create incident from Opsgenie alert . in this case once critical alert created System should wait for next 5 minutes. If it is any "Ok" Alert created Opsgenie will close the both alerts, Else it will create the Incident from critical alert.

1 answer

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2023

Hi @Mohammed Haneefa ,

That functionality is not possible with incidents at this time. Incident rules can only be applied at alert creation, and not after (such as 5 minutes later).

We have an open feature request for this functionality you can follow, watch and vote for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-1059

Closest thing to that use case would be with alerts - specifically using a notification policy to delay / suppress alert notifications for 5 minutes. For example:

np1.jpg

If an alert were to auto-resolve itself and close within the 5 minutes, no notifications would be sent to users. If the alert did not close, your users would then be notified.

Once notified, your users could manually upgrade the alert into an incident.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events