Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I save changes to a custom search?

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

I've set up some custom searches in the Alerts view. I recently decided to add a parameter to each search, but when I tried to resave the saved search, it insisted that I provide a new name for the search and created a second saved search. I tried just entering the existing search name, but it won't let me do that; says that search already exists. So now I have to delete all of my existing saved searches and recreate them with the new params.

Is there not a way to save query changes to an existing search? It's kind of a pain to have to do this for a dozen or more saved searches...

1 answer

0 votes
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2020

Hey @Esther Strom , 

Thank you for reaching out to Opsgenie Community. 

Unfortunately, being able to edit saved-searches is not an option at present. On the other hand, good news are, there is going to be some improvements regarding saved searches in the future. In addition to above, we already have an open feature request related with your issue. 

What I could do for you is adding your account name into the ticket and raise the count of waiting customers for this ability. How does that sound to you? 

Sincerely, 

Emirhan from Opsgenie

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Well, at least it's acknowledged that this is a shortcoming. Yes, please add my name to the ticket.

Will OpsGenie tickets ever be added to the jira.atlassian.com site so we can track and vote on them ourselves?

Jerry Gluck January 29, 2020

Hello,

I'd like for our account to be added to the ticket also, please.

Thanks,

-Jerry

Like Emirhan likes this
Emirhan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2020

@Esther Strom , 

Unfortunately, Opsgenie's tickets are not publicly exposed to jira.atlassian.com where you can track and vote. Could you please share your account name in Opsgenie so I can add your company name under it? 

@Jerry Gluck Of course, I would be happy to do that! Could you also share your account name in Opsgenie? 

Let me know if anything else is needed, would be happy to assist!

Jerry Gluck February 13, 2020

Hi, the account is Associated Press. Thanks.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2020

We are pizzahut1.

Philipp Kanter October 29, 2020

Hi. Please also add skywalker (Opsgenie EU) to the list. Would be great to easily change/adjust existing custom searches directly.

Aric Coon January 6, 2021

I would also like our account to be added to the list, account name: providencehealthplans

Adam Beckerman April 7, 2022

@Emirhan is this feature coming anytime soon? Please also add compass-tech to your upvote list for being able to edit saved opsgenie searches. Our use cases are in the Incidents view/list. Thanks!

Jerry Gluck April 8, 2022

Indeed, it would be nice to see some movement towards adding this feature!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events