It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why can't I save changes to a custom search? Edited

I've set up some custom searches in the Alerts view. I recently decided to add a parameter to each search, but when I tried to resave the saved search, it insisted that I provide a new name for the search and created a second saved search. I tried just entering the existing search name, but it won't let me do that; says that search already exists. So now I have to delete all of my existing saved searches and recreate them with the new params.

Is there not a way to save query changes to an existing search? It's kind of a pain to have to do this for a dozen or more saved searches...

1 answer

0 votes

Hey @Esther_Strom__ACP-JA_ , 

Thank you for reaching out to Opsgenie Community. 

Unfortunately, being able to edit saved-searches is not an option at present. On the other hand, good news are, there is going to be some improvements regarding saved searches in the future. In addition to above, we already have an open feature request related with your issue. 

What I could do for you is adding your account name into the ticket and raise the count of waiting customers for this ability. How does that sound to you? 

Sincerely, 

Emirhan from Opsgenie

Well, at least it's acknowledged that this is a shortcoming. Yes, please add my name to the ticket.

Will OpsGenie tickets ever be added to the jira.atlassian.com site so we can track and vote on them ourselves?

jgluck I'm New Here Jan 29, 2020

Hello,

I'd like for our account to be added to the ticket also, please.

Thanks,

-Jerry

Like Emirhan Ergün likes this

@Esther_Strom__ACP-JA_ , 

Unfortunately, Opsgenie's tickets are not publicly exposed to jira.atlassian.com where you can track and vote. Could you please share your account name in Opsgenie so I can add your company name under it? 

@jgluck Of course, I would be happy to do that! Could you also share your account name in Opsgenie? 

Let me know if anything else is needed, would be happy to assist!

jgluck I'm New Here Feb 13, 2020

Hi, the account is Associated Press. Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

What's New in Opsgenie? Rollup of January 2019

It's that time again, January flew by. But as usual we've got some fun updates for you.  Incident Details Updates  We've enhanced the incident details view so that you can ea...

243 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you