Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the story behind the Opsgenie name?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2019

I am curious how Opsgenie got its name? Does anyone know the story behind it?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gökçem
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 10, 2019

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for contacting with us. Opsgenie is a modern incident management platform for operating always-on services, empowering Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents.

Basically the name is coming from Ops of Operations and Genie is the genie. :)

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2019

Thanks @Gökçem I was just curious if there was a story behind the name like there is for Trello. For example why they chose genie to be part of the name.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2019

I think it was an on-purpose conspiracy so they could have the best GIF posts on community.... a form of Positive Propaganda ;o)

gen_01.gif

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

LOL I love that @Andy - PTC Redundant - yes so true, best gifs around :)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 24, 2019

I love the low-fi one you found @Andy - PTC Redundant !

genie.gif

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2019

I always like the lo-fi ones... there's something so raw about them :)

Like Day Dosch likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events