What is the link between services in Opsgenie and Insight?

Howard Nedd
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2022

Hi Community,

Rootcause:

I have done a clean up in Opsgenie. We had a few unowned services in Opsgenie and I decided to clean these up as these were not being used in Opsgenie.

Now it seems that the services I deleted in Opsgenie automatically got deleted in Insight. What is the link here as I was under the assumption that the service I created in Opsgenie were read-only fields. 

Is the source of these services Insight? Were these serviced actually created in Opsgenie or elsewhere?

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Howard Nedd ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 😃

Understand that you are wondering about the relationship between the Opsgenie Service and the Insight on your Jira Service Management Cloud.

From your description, I assume that your Opsgenie is a subordinated subscription of your Jira Service Management cloud.

According to this article, the Insight of Jira Service Management is a collection of Asset Management including the Service of the linked Opsgenie.

That is to say, once you delete the Service on your Opsgenie, the same-name entry on your Insight will be removed along the way.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events