Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link Jira Service Management request to Opsgenie alert

Marc Kraak February 23, 2023

I am unable to link a Jira Service Management ticket to a Opsgenie alert. Integration is in place and Jira Service Management is shown on the page. Maybe an issue with permissions? Which permission has to be set on the Jira Service management project to enable Opsgenie to link to tickets? LInking to Jira tickets works, but I need the JSM

2 answers

1 vote
Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2023

Hey @Marc Kraak happy to help! 😄

To link a Jira Service Management ticket to an Opsgenie alert, you need to have the necessary permissions set up in both Jira and Opsgenie. (admins or owner-level permission).

In Jira, make sure that the user account you are using to link the ticket has the necessary permissions to access and modify the project where the ticket is located. Specifically, the user needs to have the "Link Issues" permission for the Jira Service Management project. You can check and modify project permissions in the Jira project settings.

In Opsgenie, make sure that you have set up the Jira Service Management integration correctly and that the integration is configured to work with the specific Jira project where the ticket is located. To do this, go to the Opsgenie Integration page and ensure that the integration is enabled and the correct Jira project is selected.

If you have already confirmed that both permissions are correctly set up and are still having issues linking the ticket to the Opsgenie alert, you may want to reach out to Jira Service Management support to open a formal ticket with our support so we can assist you better Marc.

Best,
Rafa

Marc Kraak March 1, 2023

Hi Rafa, I opened a support ticket because everything you mentioned is already in place and it doesn't work. However, I would like to thank you for your efforts.

Kind regards,

Marc

Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2023

@Marc Kraak Not an issue!

A suggestion: You can also link this community question and the conversation we had so the support could also understand where you are at.

Hope everything works fine.

Great day!

nina_tarasenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2023

Hello @Marc Kraak ,

Could you please clarify if there is a solution for your case?

I have the same issue and wonder if it is a global "feature" or something is misconfigured on my side.

Thank you!

Regards,

Nina

Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2023

Hey @nina_tarasenko @Marc Kraak 
I strongly recommend you open a support ticket so we can troubleshoot it properly.
You can access the link to open one here - https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

nina_tarasenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 30, 2023

I'll do, thanks, @Rafael Meira

Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
March 30, 2023

You're welcome @nina_tarasenko 

0 votes
Kirsten Miller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 24, 2023

For future people who may run into this... We had the same issue today had to configure incidents in the JSM project and make sure the issuetype of the ticket we were trying to connect was categorized as an incident. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events