cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To log or to lodge, that is my question

Louise Gallagher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 15, 2024

This is not a technical issue, rather a literary one.  What is the correct terminology for instructing someone to submit a ticket (no points for saying Submit lol).  We have a mixture of Log and Lodge a ticket happening and i am keen to eliminate one.... just not sure which one is most correct.  What do you say/think?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hans Polder
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2024

Hi @Louise Gallagher ,

I am by no means a language pro, or even a native English speaker... but to me 'lodge' just sounds weird. I mainly get the noun-variant in my perspective (so, the small house in the country kind of lodge). I had to look up the dictionary to realize it's actually a verb too: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/lodge.

The first verb listed on this link has a negative connotation (to complain, or something being stuck). From that perspective, I would choose "Log" over "Lodge" :)

Louise Gallagher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 16, 2024

Thanks Hans, much appreciated :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
ENTERPRISE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events