Teams v2: assign [tinyID1 tinyID2..] to [user] returns null

paavo.hemmo April 20, 2021

I really like the Teams v2 bot, and I would like to use it to assign alerts to different members of my team. How ever when trying to assign a task to even myself, the bot simply returns null.

Näyttökuva 2021-4-20 kello 19.17.17.png

For this I thought I might need to run the

```

@[deleted] connect

```

command. The bot gives me the link, but when I enter it I get

Näyttökuva 2021-4-20 kello 19.40.39.png

Is the connect necessary for commands like "assign", and how do I get a new authentication link? I've tried running the "connect" command multiple times, but the authentication always fails.

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2021

Hi @paavo.hemmo ,

Thanks for reaching out. A few things to note;

Your screenshot shows your account using the EU MS Teams app - so you will want to use the @OpsgenieEU command vs. using what you shared in your comment.

As for assigning the alert to another user - they will have to already connected their account in MS Teams using the @OpsgenieEU command (@Opsgenie assign).

To assign the alert to your self, make sure you have connected / authenticated your account, then assign it using your Opsgenie email - and not your Full name:

msteamscomm1.jpg

paavo.hemmo April 20, 2021

Oh thank you! Using the user's email worked! I was using the "@OpsgenieEU connect", I just typed it wrong in the post, my bad. 

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events