cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams in different Regions

Andre Tenreiro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2024

Hello,

I'm new to Opsgenie and looking for some guidance.

Our team is set up across three regions (USA, Europe, and Asia) with 4 members in each region, operating on a follow-the-sun model to provide 24-hour coverage. Only one person from each region is on-call during their respective business hours. Each region has its own escalation point, with the second escalation being the global manager.

What would be the best way to set up the Teams in Opsgenie? Should I create three separate Teams with individual rotations, or a single Team with three rotations?

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Kari Kvale
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 20, 2024

Hi Andre, I'm also looking at the same setup, do you have any learnings from your setup you could share?

Thank you!

0 votes
Tejaswi G
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2024

Hi @Andre Tenreiro

Thank you for reaching to Atlassian community. This is Tejaswi and happy to help. 

I recommend you create a single team with multiple schedules and escalation rules based on your requirement. You can refer to the document here for the example where they have configured the rotation of business hours and off business hours.

if you have further query. Feel free to open a ticket with us https://support.atlassian.com/contact

Kind Regards,
Tejaswi 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events