cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags field in PRTG Integration

Fabian Alvaracin Paula December 30, 2022

Hi everyone,

background info:
PRTG is up to date (Version: 22.4.81.1532) 
Opsgenie Essentials Plan

I'm currently trying to get Tags working with our PRTG -> OpsGenie -> JSM Integration. We have to use the Integration via Teams which is not perfect and missing configuration possibilites but I hope I can get it anyway working.

The goal would be to get an identifier from PRTG (like Tags) in Opsgenie to pass them to specific JSM Projects.

Unfortunately I have no Tags field in the Integration in OpsGenie, like I have which JSM for example.

In the Logs I can see that the incoming data has the Tags field filled out but OpsGenie won't pass that information to the alert.

What can be done to achieve this? Besides upgrading our plan. :-)

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2022

Hi @Fabian Alvaracin Paula ,

You should be able to extract the Tags field into the alert as long as it's parsing in the payload. 

This Community Article should help: How to Extract Custom Fields and Data into an Alert,

along with this related Community Question: No tags on PRTG alerts

The customer in that Question was able to extract the PRTG tags using:

{{_url.tags}}
Fabian Alvaracin Paula January 2, 2023

Hi @Nick H Unfortunately I don't have this field to use tags at all which is my biggest issue at the moment.

Is there something falsely configured? Because the links are from OpsGenie to JSM and not directly from PRTG and this should be configured in the PRTG Integration if I'm not mistaken!?

Thanks in advance. PRTG - Opsgenie.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events