Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tags on PRTG alerts

Volkan Sutcu December 26, 2022

Hi All, 

I'm currently integrating PRTG following the documentation here.

At some point, on PRTG side, we have to provide the payload to send to Opsgenie when a threshold is reached. But it seems that the payload does not contain the tags detail inside (here is the payload). 

Naturally, when I add "tags=%tags" in the middle of the payload chain, trigger an alert and then, take a look to the payload received on Opsgenie side, I can see that the tags are received which is good :

TagsInLogs.PNG

But, to add that information into the "tags" field in the alert template of the PRTG intagration, I should drag and drop the "tags" field but it does not exist and adding it manually does not change anything (see below). 

NoTags.PNG

Any ideas or similar issue faced with a workaround ? 

Thanks for your help

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hello All, 

Coming back to my post, I found a workaround that is quite clear. After taking a look to the logs on opsgenie, I saw that the "tags" field was under _httpParams, so I used the Dynamic fields to get that value like this : 

GettingTagsValue.PNG

If someone has a better way to do it, don't hesitate to propose here ! 

Nicki September 4, 2023

I've applied the method suggested, however, it brings ALL the tags from PRTG into OpsGenie as one tag with a very long name and spaces inbetween the tagnames as defined in PRTG, e.g. if I have tags Server, VM and Prod defined, it shows as 1 tag in OpsGenie called "Server VM Prod". Is there a way to split it into multiple tags?

Volkan Sutcu September 4, 2023

Hi @Nicki , 

I faced the same issue but didn't investigate further. It seems that there is a bunch of existing methods to parse the strings in the opsgenie documentation. It could maybe help you as a workaround.

Like Nicki likes this
Nicki September 4, 2023

Thanks, but it does not appear to have anything that can help. No split function, and no array handling/parsing, which is sad.

Volkan Sutcu September 5, 2023

Absolutely ! I admit that is an important function to have in that case. 

Like Nicki likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2022

Hi @Volkan Sutcu ,

Since the tags field is not available by default with the PRTG integration, how you are extracting them with your custom field is the best way.

This Community Article might also be helpful for other options: How to Extract Custom Fields and Data into an Alert

Hi @Nick H,

Thanks for your message. Indeed, the workaround I applied comes from the article you mentioned and wrote !

Thanks for your help. 

Like Nick H likes this
Fabian Alvaracin Paula December 30, 2022

Hi @Nick H

is there a workaround for the essentials plan aswell?

I opened a Question myself (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Tags-field-in-PRTG-Integration/qaq-p/2227403?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=unpaid-social&utm_campaign=P:online*O:community*I:social_share*)

But would be nice if this helps anyone else whom only have the essentials plan because automated filling of tags should be a default feature imho.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events